The Noble Fertility Dream Team
Peter L. Chang, M.D., F.A.C.O.G., Director
Dr. Chang is a Board Certified Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (REI) who specializes in treating infertility, recurrent miscarriage and fertility preservation. After 15 years as Division Chief of REI at Beth Israel Medical Center and Founder/Director of Beth Israel Center for Infertility, he has now moved to Murray Hill. However, he remains affiliated with Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical.
To Dr. Chang, the Journey is its own reward. His education, graduated in:
- 1984 San Marino High School, San Marino, CA
- 1988 UCLA, BSc in Cybernetics
- 1992 Univ. of TX, San Antonio, MD in Medicine
- 1996 Univ. of TX, San Antonio, Residency in Ob & Gyn
- 1998 Columbia University, New York, Fellowship in REI
- 2002 Board Certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- 2003 Board Certified in Reproductive Endocrinology
These are the U.S. medicine’s highest standards accoladed to a practicing M.D.
In his long career, he has always been an academician and a scientist. He has been Assistant Professor at:
- Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (currently)
Dr. Chang has written more than 70 published journal articles, abstracts and textbook chapters, and has received numerous research grants and publication awards.
The main factors that drive Dr. Chang throughout his professional life are the rewards and joys from:
• Clinical care (helping patients create the miracle of life on their own terms)
• Teaching (training and helping residents get a fellowship of choice) and
• Conducting research (winning grants, prize papers and abstracts)
Putting the Patient First – Every Time
Above all else, Dr. Chang believes in being ethical. He will always be candid with you about your chances of having a successful pregnancy. He takes pride in the one-on-one attention that he is able to give to his patients and the innovative thinking he displays.
With more than 15 years of experience in this field, he and his staff remain committed in treating their patients with compassion, respect and the most advanced therapy available.
Carlos Acosta, B.S., Embryology Director
Carlos Acosta received his training at the Jones Institute in Norfolk, VA and Cornel University. With more than 30 years of experience in human embryology and unparalleled success rates in New York, Mr. Acosta has gained an industry-wide reputation for his expertise in micromanipulation techniques, including the advanced laboratory procedure known as Embryoplasty™.
Yan Zhang, R.N., Clinical Coordinator
Ms. Zhang has more than 25 years of experience with all aspects of infertility testing and treatment including in-vitro fertilization and egg donation. She is in charge of coordinating all aspects of your infertility care. In addition, she is also fluent in Chinese and has a doctorate of medicine from China. Ms. Zhang has worked with Dr. Chang for the past 18 years.